Owner: Uptown! Entertainment Alliance
Method: Construction Management
Design Professional: Homsey Architects
West Chester, PA
The repurposing of the West Chester National Guard Armory will convert the 10,900 square foot space into a 300-seat auditorium for live and screen performances. In addition to the interior changes, the building will be upgraded to meet ADA standards, the exterior of the building will be restored and the parking lot will be resurfaced. The armory, which has sat vacant since 2013, was built in 1916 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It formerly served as the home to the Pennsylvania National Guard unit which included 170 troops of Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 111th Infantry and 56th Stryker Brigade Combat Team. UEA launched a three-year long capital campaign to raise $3.75 million needed for the project’s completion.